Friday, June 13, 2014

Jungle Ave Mug Rug


I was lucky enough to help out with Sara Lawson's quilt market prep - which was super fun (any time I get the chance to sew with other people I'm all for it!). Afterward, Sara sent me some of her brand new Jungle Ave fabrics, and a set of her Aurifil thread collection. Naturally I went right to work making something fabulous with it. 


I made a tiny little mug rug (measuring at about 7" across). I'm pretty much in love with it. The fabric is a dream to work with, and I quilted it using a layer of Soft & Stable instead of batting. Whoa does that Soft & Stable make the quilting pop!! I love it! 

This little mug rug is a gift for Sara - She's surely one of the most generous, kindhearted people in the fabric world. I'm glad to call her a friend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment