Monday, March 5, 2012

Saving in Style!

Have you all heard about QuiltCon? Hosted by the Modern Quilt Guild, it should be an awesome experience! I'm thinking/hoping to attend... maybe.

I haven't quite decided yet, but I'm going to start saving change and seeing how quickly it adds up when I'm trying to save.

Saving my pennies... for QuiltCon!

Of course that requires a cute little change jar? Of course!

Inspired by this one, here's how I made mine...

Supplies needed:
Mason jar
Card stock or Quilting template plastic
A printer
Crafty stuff (glue, ribbon, glitter, scissors etc)
Scraps of pretty fabric

1. Take the lid off the mason jar and remove the inner circle - trace this onto card stock or template plastic. Cut the circle out and cut a slit approx. 1" long and 1/4" wide. (if using template plastic an exacto knife will help!)
2. Trace another circle onto a pretty scrap of fabric - lay card stock/plastic circle on top and mark the slit onto the fabric. Cut the circle from the fabric and glue it onto the card stock/plastic. Place in the jar lid. :)
3. Go to the QuiltCon website and copy the logo and paste it into a word document - print. Glue to the inside or outside of your jar... decorate as desired and admire!
4. Put all your coins in it and meet me in Austin next February!!

3 comments:

  1. yay! glad to hear that you are considering going. I'm really tempted and have heard that a bunch of people have already reserved rooms! actually you may be one of them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds exciting! One thing that feel being a teacher restricts me in, is being able to take sort-of random days off during the year :-/ I only get a couple personal days and that makes it hard to figure out what to use them on. I hope you are able to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds exciting! One thing that feel being a teacher restricts me in, is being able to take sort-of random days off during the year :-/ I only get a couple personal days and that makes it hard to figure out what to use them on. I hope you are able to go!

    ReplyDelete