Monday, February 20, 2012

Quilts in the Smokies.

You may have noticed that I haven't been here all week. Yep, we went on a big grand family vacation. 14 of us (including four children) in one big cabin near Gatlinburg Tennessee. It was really a great time! 

The picture above shows the deck of our cabin (yes there was a hot tub out there!) ... with a nice view of three of the four made-by-me quilts that were brought on vacation by family members! Rosemarie's quilt was being used for a movie-time cuddle so it's not pictured. :) Such an awesome feeling to know that everyone loves their quilts so much. 


Here are some highlights of the trip in photo display... Cute cousins sharing a menu.


Crazy tons of family squishing together for a photo.


Girls sharing the experience of a visit to the aquarium.


The little ones helping Mimi (grandma) with breakfast.


And posing for a picture near a pretty stream. 

It's been a relaxing week -- but I can't lie... I'm pretty happy to have Internet again! :) Not that it wasn't fun trying to steal wi-fi from our neighbors in the rain, in my sister's car, at midnight.... lol. 

More cool things to follow!

1 comment:

  1. A family vacation sounds like a fun time. I've never really done a big vacation with my family. We've sorta done it with my husband's family, but I can't honestly say that it's been completely fun :-/ Glad that you are back!

    ReplyDelete