Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Progress!

It's amazing what one can get done with a properly working sewing machine!

I've been working on the back of my {Sew} Beautiful Bee quilt. Before the move I'd pieced several random blocks using the leftovers that my bee buddies sent back. Now those blocks are in the process of being sewn together for the backing. I'm certainly going to need a couple (few) more yards of Kona Coal, but I'm making good progress.


This section is about the size of a crib quilt... and it's less than a quarter of the back!

It's so exciting to see this all come together. And I have new ideas about how to make the quilting go a bit smoother! With a little bit of work Nancy will fit inside the storage side of my table top - boosted by a book or two, she's at the right height. I think I may be able to talk my dad/uncles into cutting some particle board or whatever (hehe that's their area) to fit. We'll see. :)

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I can't believe that's only a quarter of it! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Kona Coal with bright colors -- it's going look great! And, it's going to be huge!!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete