Friday, April 15, 2011

Sew Beautiful - all blocks completed!
I've just finished the last blocks to supplement the blocks made by my bee members (Sew Beautiful Bee). I'm not sure if I want to sash in between them with grey or not. If I were to sash I'd use Kona Coal (the dark one used in the blocks) or Kona Ash (the light, nearly white one in the blocks).
Sew Beautiful - all blocks completed!
Or I could just add a wide border around the outside edge (about an 8" border or so). I tend to do this on quilts. Or I could leave it plain, blocks right up against each other and no border.

What do you all think? Should I:

A) sash in between the blocks with Kona Coal (darker)
B) sash in between the blocks with Kona Ash (lighter)
C) don't sash, but do a wide border with Kona Coal
D) don't sash, but do a wide border with Kona Ash
E) Leave it without sashing/border.

I'd love any input you might have! :) Thanks!!

7 comments:

  1. I vote for d. I would be hesitant to add sashing that is the same color as the outside edges of some of the blocks. Good luck deciding, those are some really fun blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all so individually beautiful I think they need some sashing between them to show them off. I'm kind of thinking I like the darker but there is already so much in the squares, it's almost like you need a different solid color all together that shows off all the other colors. And then a 4" or so border around the outside. Love it though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. D or E for me. I REALLY need to work on my two blocks so that I can assemble the top that you all made for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd vote for E. I think the blocks really speak for themselves and have an amzing effect all next to each other.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that I would sash between the blocks with the lighter color. They are all just so beautiful, that I think it would really make them shine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! It looks sooooo beautiful! (Fitting, since it was made by the Sew Beautiful bee!) I say no sashing, so I vote for D or E. I really like it just as it is in the photo.

    ReplyDelete