Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Inspiration... sewing and life.

Tomorrow evening you all should turn your tv's on to NBC for Biggest Loser. Seriously. I don't use my blog to plug shows... but my friend Courtney and her mom Marci are on this season. Courtney is one of the most inspiring people ever. My husband met her on an airplane... long story short she doesn't live far from us and we've been in touch a lot. DH is going through some massive weight loss himself and she's an amazing inspiration. Please do watch and root for her (and watch Bob and Jillian kick her butt!). I don't want to get into this too much here, but if any of you know how hard it is to be obese... and to, after so long, get up and start addressing the problems... to really change your life. It's not as simple as being on tv and working out once in a while. I love my husband so much, and I know that without him making the major change he's in the middle of, he won't be around in 5 years. End of story. My life has been turned upside down in the past year, and it has easily been the hardest year of my life. But if in the end I get more years with my husband, it's all worth it. He has some of the best help right now... but I struggle with the thought of what people go through when they can't afford the help, or when they don't have friends and family to support them in weight loss. According to statistics 30% of Americans are obese. Lets stop judging people and start talking. How can we help each other? Hopefully Courtney and Marci will inspire us all to tackle these issues.

"The biggest message I personally want to send to everyone with this opportunity that I've been given is that you do NOT need a show, a ranch, or world class trainers to CHANGE YOUR LIFE! I got so incredibly lucky to be on the BL, but it's to finish what I had already started!! I lost the majority of my weight at home, on my own, because I WANTED it!! One day, one choice, one step at a time!!! :)!!! ♥" ~ from Courtney

***Shameless plug for Biggest Loser over***

Secondly... I decided to join the third round of the Mug Rug Swap. I don't think we're supposed to link up to the group page for the reason of having a huge surplus of people wanting to join. So if you want to join feel free to go over to flickr and search it. :) I'm not sure how I could expect anything near as good this time around, as I got last time. My partner Jen had me pegged exactly. I actually squeeled when I opened the package! But I can't deny that this swap group gives me so much inspiration. I just had to give it a go again! Here's my inspiration mosaic. Pretty cool. :) 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the inspiring message! I am glad that your husband is taking the steps to get healthy! I can't imagine how hard that must be. I wish my husband would take his health more seriously, but right now he doesn't want to change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not usually a reality tv show watcher...but I'm going to try to commit myself to watching BL this season. I watched tonight and really liked Courtney and her mom! You can so tell that Courtney is very determined. One of my focuses this year is going to be myself...losing weight and eathing healthier among some of the things I'll be focusing on. So, I hope that Courtney can help inspire me, too! It is definitely hard to make changes in your life and to get others to be accepting of the changes that you might be making in order to improve yourself.

    ReplyDelete