Monday, August 2, 2010

Progress on the DQS9 quilt and some playing around.



Here's the center piece of my quilt for the Doll Quilt Swap 9... It's turning out really great! I'm really in love with the colors and the grey. It is a lot of work though, and I do hope my swap partner loves it! I think that I am going to leave those edge triangles grey and just fold them down and sew them blank. Then embroider in them... we'll see how it goes. I have to finish all the border pieces though, which include a lot of half windows... which is a lot of time. I need to buckle down and finish the machine sewing part of this soon so I can work on the embroidery/hand quilting... which I'm not very practiced at. Give myself time for the inevitable mess-ups/re-do's.

Here's a little fun quiltie I made up the other day. I have been admiring the close, strait line quilting on these pieces here. So I had to try it out myself. I love that multi-colored floral fabric at the top - the stiching is in a verigated baby-colored thread and it matches just perfectly. I need to remember that color combo. This is about 7" square.
How cute!!!?? These little squares are all half an inch square. I used the tutorial here. It all started at about nine inches square... and ended up here!
I backed this little piece, quilted in the ditch, and bound it with a satin stitch on my machine. Now Nancy (my sewing machine) has her own little quilt to show off! How sweet!


No comments:

Post a Comment