Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Process Pledge...

I've been working on a new quilt. The patterned fabrics are all from Valori Wells' Olive Rose collection.
Here are my sketches
Although at the present time I haven't done much with the multiple tiny squares. I really like them but the print of the fabric is quite large and I think it wouldn't look as good as I'd like it to.
Here are the blocks so far:

Olive Rose Quilt

These are my favorites so far:
Olive Rose Quilt Olive Rose Quilt

And my least favorites (but DH's favorite):
 Olive Rose Quilt Olive Rose Quilt

I actually think I would like them all better if I would have gone with the Kona Coal grey rather than the Joann's lighter grey. There's just not enough contrast.

1 comment:

  1. So far so good and I agree with your hubby. 8) A large print that is cut up into lots of small pieces can be SO cool. You'll be surprised. You have a great start.

    ReplyDelete