Friday, April 2, 2010

The Little Folks Quilt!

It's finished! I'm so happy about how this quilt turned out! It's the first time I've taken the plunge and done free motion quilting on a regular sized quilt. It's also the largest quilt I've made to date (it'll fit a twin bed).

The fabric is from Anna Maria Horner's Little Folks line. The Violle worked up so beautifully. I was a little worried that it being a bit lighter weight than quilting cotton that it would bunch or something as I quilted it. That didn't happen at all! I'm very pleased at how it turned out. It's backed and sashed with Kona Cotton in Coal, and bound with AMH's Good Folks ... something in Dusk. :)

Now I'm just itching to make another! I have a bunch of the Little Folks left... (I was kinda stingy about cutting peices for this... wanting to hold on to all that fabric!). I'm not sure if I'll make another or something else. For now I'm very pleased; it's just perfect!

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, the colors of that quilt are literally "dreamy" !
    Congrats on tackling such a big size at the machine ! It's not easy, but well worth the effort !

    ReplyDelete