Friday, February 12, 2010

Finishing project and baking bread!

Yesterday the baby (wow, she really isn't a baby anymore) took a nice solid two hour nap. So - with Wally out running errands I got a good two hours of sewing time! As you could see by my last post I had finished up the housewarming gift for my mother in law. Also, I finished binding the second doll quilt for my neices (a practice of my free motion quilting). I actually used the blanket stitch on my new sewing machine for the binding (after sewing on a double folded strip - I was planning on hand sewing it) It turned out really nicely and I'm really happy I gave it a try. I wouldn't probably do binding that way for a full size quilt... mostly because I do like the time I get with a finished quilt while hand sewing the binding.

Also, for a random change, my husband decided to make bread with me. Don't get me wrong, I don't make bread often - just had the idea in my head that I wanted to make some. So we did. This time the yeast was not old and it did turn out great! And... we had a blast doing it. (The baby was already in bed).

Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment