Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Loft Creations No Strings Attached Challenge!

I have been obsessed with string quilting blocks. Especially those quilts at www.filminthefridge.com. So, I decided to give the "Loft Creations No Strings Attached Challenge" a chance. Here are my first projects.
A replacement doll blankie (about 8"x10") with strings at the sides to hold it on.
I even used some of my fancy stitches from my new Singer Confidence on the top.

Here are some close-ups of some favorite blocks on my purple kaelidoscope quilt. WIP

Notice some pieces of Anna Maria Horner's Chocolate Lollipop in there, and scraps from Allie's quilt.
Here's a view of all the squares so far (as of about a week ago).
I hope for this quilt to be about a queen size quilt for our living room - for the family to snuggle under. It's my first full-sized (not baby) quilt.





3 comments:

  1. Cute dolly blankie! Great job on your string blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That quilt is going to be gorgeous! i love the fabrics, colors, and the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The strings on the doll blanket are a great idea! Never would have thought of that. Your quilt is looking good too.

    ReplyDelete